Founded in the early 1900s in Switzerland and transferred to Italy in 1916, the church supply Manifatture Mario Bianchetti was originally a wool mill and its chief activites were, first, supplying ministerial uniforms destined for Rome and, secondly, the sale of fabrics to religious communities. Later the core business became the production and the tailoring of clothes, vestmets and accessories for clergy. In the early 1990s the company was revitalized by changing marketing and distribution logic and mainly by redesigning products.
The church supply offered by Manifatture Mario Bianchetti covers two main target sectors: clothes and accessories for the celebration of religious services, and everyday war for priests and nuns. The company could bring back to life the ancient embroideries of religious vestments and restore items that have been ruined over time and also innovate chasubles creating them with fabrics and designs inspired by high fashion.
The products designed by Elisabetta Bianchetti update luxury in lines with the codes of contemporary appearances, that nevertheless respecting the governing liturgical rules on fashion, fabrics and embroideries established since Middle Ages. (Simona Segre, Fashion Theory, Vol. 7 issue 2, 2003)